ISBN 978-952-5863-93-2 (PDF), ISSN 1797-5581 (PDF) November 20, 2014.
This paper is written for aspiring leaders and managers. Each of us will be asked to lead, manage, and/or follow at various times and in many different situations in our journey of life. This paper is written to assist aspiring leaders and managers discover and develop their leadership and management abilities.
The paper is organized per the following outline:
- Establishing Credibility
- Enthusiasm and Desirable Habits of Effective People
- Leadership and Management
- Situational Analysis and Leadership Styles
- Leadership as a Student [discussed in Introduction)
- Leadership as a Forest Scientist
- Leadership as a Teacher and Professor
- Leadership as a Department Head
- Leadership as a Practicing Forester and Agency Official
- Leadership as an Advocate
- Leadership as a Concerned Citizen
- Family Leadership
- Case Study: California Board of Forestry and Fire Protection
- Summary, Key Points
2014 Douglas D. Piirto. Published by Publications of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.