College - Author 1

College of Architecture and Environmental Design

Department - Author 1

Construction Management Department

Degree Name - Author 1

BS in Construction Management



Primary Advisor/Subject Matter Expert (SME)

Paul Redden, College of Architecture and Environmental Design, Construction Management Department


Over the last few years, many construction companies have had to upheave traditional methods of construction meetings to adapt to rapidly changing COVID-19 safety and regulation protocols. For many, this has meant taking common in-person meetings (OAC, pre-construction, and design) and shifting them virtual. As companies continue to move forward in a post-pandemic climate, the question of whether they will continue with virtual meetings or revert to in-person meetings still lingers in the air. To get a better read on the future of construction meetings post-pandemic, a survey was sent to determine what most people prefer. A total of 21 responses were collected from commercial construction companies. 24% of the respondents were project engineers, 52% were project managers, 19% were upper management, and 5% were superintendents. Out of the 21 total respondents, 24% preferred virtual, 66% preferred in-person, and 10% preferred hybrid. While the responses leaned heavily toward an in-person meeting––the respondents were still mixed on the positives and drawbacks of each. Based on the reasoning, there is one conclusive takeaway–hybrid meetings, a mix of in-person and Zoom attendees, are here to stay.