ASAE and American Society of Civil Engineers Summer Meeting Proceedings: Kansas City, Mo, June 19, 1994. Copyright © 1994 ASAE - The Center for Association Leadership.
This paper summarizes a project that analyzed the district irrigation efficiency for six subareas of the Grassland Basin roughly representing 80,000 acres on the west side of the San Joaquin Valley near Firebaugh, California. The objectives of this project were to:
• Determine the district irrigation efficiency for the six subareas.
• Update district drainage policies and water reuse.
• Update the geographical information system (GIS).
• Perform a pre-plant irrigation efficiency analysis.
• Establish a relationship between the drainage volumes and the district irrigation efficiency.
• Determine the maximum district irrigation efficiency attainable.
• Determine the impact of optimizing district irrigation efficiency on loads and concentrations leaving the districts.
Agricultural and Resource Economics | Bioresource and Agricultural Engineering